Holidays: 2012 vs. 2011
December 26, 2012
Posted by on
Christmas usually means…..
- Ateneo christmas lights
- Ayala triangle lights & sounds show
- Beach trip with friends
- Christmas Bazaars (like St. James or the ones in World Trade center)
- Simbang Gabi
- Christmas play
- Christmas parties
- Kwentong Krismas
- Family Reunion
- Spending time with my siblings
- Catching up with old friends
This year’s somewhat different though:
- Ateneo Christmas lights – Did not have time at all to visit. This is forever tradition because I will FOREVER love the christmas lights in Ateneo. Holds too much memories. :’) I can’t believe I even missed out on their Christmas decors etc. Heard they were cute, huhu. GGRRR REALLY MAD AT MYSELF FOR NOT VISITING THIS YEAR. 😦
- Ayala triangle lights & sounds show – Literally just passed by to watch the show with Dan, wasn’t as great as the past 2 years but hey, at least I got to go! It was still kind of fun in its’ own way.
- Paskuhan – Not this year. Last year was my first time though, and it was hella fun!
- Beach trip with friends – Fail. 😦 Always a good way to end the term but everyone had their own plans. I was really excited to take them to my beach house in Pico De Loro though. 😦 Going to the beach with my family, though! As compared to last year, it was just me and my mom there during NYE. + Going to Resortsworld for NYE
- Christmas Bazaars (like St. James or the ones in World Trade center) – Didn’t get to go to St. James (WHICH SUCKS) but it’s okay. I still got to go shopping with my mom in the Noel’s Bazaar in WTC………
- Simbang Gabi – Didn’t complete it this year, but Simbang Gabi 2012 was way better than last year! (I think.) Actually both this year and last year’s Simbang Gabi were awesome experiences in their own ways. 🙂 Really love how me and my faith family would stay up all night to catch Simbang Gabi. 🙂
- Christmas play – Didn’t have one this year, I guess that’s why it feels kind of incomplete. 😦
- Christmas parties – LOL NONE. I went to none (cause I’m anti-social like that). Missed the OCM Christmas party and the BG Christmas whatever, plus I don’t think my block made any Christmas plans at all. @-)
- Kwentong Krismas – I STILL LOVE THE KK LAST YEAR. Manong’s place in Nuvali was just so beautiful. :’) + Adventure in Tagaytay after was super GV! BUT I AM STILL HAPPY & THANKFUL FOR THIS YEAR’S KK. 🙂 Spending it with the people you love and call your family is the best everrrr.
- Family Reunion – Not having one this year, but I guess tomorrow will still be pretty swell. I think we’ll be just eating out with some of our relatives, go to Mass, then sleepover at my brother’s place. It’s simple, but I guess it’s enough. 🙂
- Spending time with siblings – Definitely not this year. Usually we’d go home to the province and stay there for a couple of days to be with my siblings. Won’t see them this Christmas but it’s okay.
- Catching up with old friends – I really miss all of my high school friends, and it’s getting harder to meet up with all of them. I didn’t get to hang out with my bros/Thursday Crew + my girls/DAMZL this year + Hang out with my whore, Andy. Huhuhu so sad. 😦 Still thankful I got to see one of my bestest friends Zhiela (with her 3 minute surprise visit in Antioch and our food date together), bumped into Vick the other day, and got to skype date with my BFF Vitt recently. I REALLY WANT TO SEE THEM ALL SOON THOUGH.
December this year was just so madrama more than fun compared to last December, hahaha. Last year I was really, genuinely happy if I remember correctly. Right now, I know that I still am regardless of how much has changed. Alot of things really do change in a year, but I know each year is special in its’ own way. 🙂 Oh how time flies! Don’t want to speak too soon though. The holidays aren’t over yet and I want to make sure I make the most out of it. 😉